Tuesday, April 1, 2008

One of these days, I'm gonna get in real trouble.

So a collection agency/lawyer's office sent me a letter saying that I still owe Comcast in MD. Argh! I'll never be rid of that albatross. I was so aggravated that I wrote and sent the following letter.


Dear Sirs:

Enclosed is your payment for the Comcast Cablevision bill. Please disregard the rest of this letter, as it is a rambling complaint about Comcast and I have included it simply to make myself feel better. I know that it is not your fault, but Comcast sucks.

Your letter claims that they contacted me numerous times about my balance due, but I only received one notice in January 2008. My service had switched from my name to the person who took over my apartment in July and he paid the bill then. After receiving that one notice in January, I called both him and Comcast and they both verified it. Comcast at that time told me that I did not owe anything. I did take names, dates, and times to verify this information. But after not hearing anything for a couple of months, I figured it was resolved and I threw the information away.

Now, without that information, I feel unfortified and unable to make a suitable argument, even for the sake of argument. But I firmly believe that they are double-billing me and they know it. I am paying the bill now because it is a small price to pay for peace of mind and to be rid of Comcast Maryland forever! Not to mention, I do not want to ruin my credit history.


Thanks for listening. Boycott Comcast.


Do you think that might have been crossing the line?

No comments: