Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dick Cheney - stop saying words!

Now let's concentrate on what's really important - MY life.

I've been meeting people from Match.com. It's been fun. No keepers yet, but some very nice people. One guy has a lot of experience with making/doing comedy. So that might turn into something.

Been going to trivia a lot in South Boston. Last Tuesday was a great one. My roommate and I went to a place called the Junction and met a group of guys. Together we formed the ultimate trivia team, 80 degrees. We came in 2nd and they generously donated the $25 prize towards our beer bill, in exchange for coming again next Tuesday. So the exciting new is ... I have plans next Tuesday! That almost never happens. We could have one if I had remembered that it was "Disco Duck" and not "Howard the Duck."

Work has slowed. But this is good for me cause I like to use the time to get back to basics and rediscover passion for the job. Which I need right now.

I am taking a vacation this month. Just gonna go home and visit with old friends, like Billie. Haven't seen her in over a year, so that should be fun. Well, I guess it will have been a year since I've seen Leanne and Jen, so ... that'll be even more fun. Just gonna see a whole bunch of friends. And family.

I'm trying to get back into comedy writing. I have a killer idea and I really wanna stage it, but I'm not sure that I'm willing to get into the work and commitment that it will take. I just wish there was someone else that could take my idea and run with it. You know, like maybe get the actors, and tell them how to do it, and then put it on a stage and figure out when it'll be and all that. And then I could just go watch it when it's finished and soak up the applause. I think they call that guy the "director."

My little video project, "The Return of Sauron," should be finished in mid-March. We may stage a lil' premiere here in Boston. And then it'll be coming soon to a YouTube near you. I'll keep you updated.

Finally, I got bangs. No, nothing drastic. I've gotten a lot of compliments, so that's good. If not done right, bangs can be a disaster and a huge regret.

Like Dick Cheney.

No comments: