Thursday, August 6, 2009

How NOT to spend a pleasant morning

Today, I watched one of the most depressing movies ever. Possibly even more depressing than the one about kids eating buttons because they think it is candy, which I never really saw because when my brother told me about it, I got teary-eyed and so I knew I'd never be able to watch it.

The movie that I watched today was called Nobody Knows. It's based on a true story about a mother who abandons her 4 kids in Tokyo to fend for themselves. Eventually one of them dies and the oldest brother doesn't know what to do, so he buries her in a suitcase.

OH GOD! it's so sad.

And I kept watching thinking that surely someone discovers these kids and some kind of authoritative figure comes and rescues the day.

But now I feel like an idiot that I really expected any kind of happy ending from a Japanese movie. They love pathos. They're sick.

No comments: