Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What. Is. Up.

I totally stole that title from my lil brudder.

Anyhow, besides making videos, which I'm loving - it's the new scrapbooking! - in the last 3 weeks, I've only had 2 caffeinated sodas. That's amazing. It's actually been about a week and half since I had the last one. It was a little hard to wean off, but I've just about done it. I hope you're proud of me, Jen. Still, it wasn't enough to keep me healthy, I caught my first cold in a long time. Summer colds suck.

My friend Maryann had another baby!!! They left straight from the hospital to get the baby's passport, because then they are moving to SWITZERLAND!!! in less than a month. Unbelievable. So however busy I think I've been, Maryann has been busier.

It has been a little busy at work because it's back-to-school season. This means making money, but it's also stressing me out. Not because it's busy, but because I'm losing my passion and it's really reflecting in my work. I've been thinking about what I want to do next, and well, I guess it's time to get moving on it.

But in the spirit of finding new things to do, I have started volunteering. I happened to be cruising craigslist, for the first time in a long time actually, when I found an ad looking for volunteers for a children's Playspace. It's a transitional shelter for abuse victims that organizes an arts and crafts night for the kids there one night a week. They needed volunteers; it seemed perfect for me. This past Monday was my first time and I loved it!!! It really invigorated me. I can't wait to go back. It's been so long since I volunteered for anything like this and I'm glad that I did.

So that my friends, is what is ... up.

No comments: