Thursday, April 25, 2013

Today I am working in the store all alone again. It's not such a big deal really. It saves me money in my budget, and I get endless hours of web surfing. The only thing is that trying to do office work from the store is a lil' difficult. It's very distracting here. 
Also that cigarette smell is back! Argh.
It might have been the reason that we had a fire alarm go off in the building. And for the first time in a long time, we actually evacuated the building. The alarm goes off all the time, and we almost never evacuate. Everyone waits a few minutes for the announcement that it was a false alarm. But no one waited this time. Not after last week. 

What a fun evening I had last night. I went out to dinner with a very good friend of mine.
We went to a great restaurant here in Boston, Toro. It's a tapas restaurant by Ken Oringer - my inner food snob rejoices. Excellent food. I highly recommend the grilled corn with aioli. Yum. And the Paella Valenciana was very good, if a little too al dente. But this is from someone who never liked Paella. Also, it's a wonderful place to try Iberico ham - if you don't mind paying a LOT of money for ham. I would pay anything for it. 
The best thing about going out to good restaurants with this friend is that he's a chef. So I always know it's going to be good food. Of course, he's pretty even-keeled in his opinions of other restaurants. So I've never heard a blatant criticism. However when the bill comes to $122.24 for two people, you expect good. or really good criticism.
Tonight I have a date. I met him online. After a brief email exchange (which I prefer) he asked me appropriately out for a drink. So we'll see how it goes. I am hoping that this will be normal date. Of course, I'd like sparks, but if that is not in the cards, it would be reassuring to know that there are at least normal dates to be had. 

No comments: