Friday, February 1, 2008

No. 15

I hope I have a date this weekend. I should have a date. Then the challenge would be complete. And the nice thing is that the last 2 dates were very nice. I hope, cuz you know, I still haven't gone on the last date.
What's been up with me? Well ... I have been shopping for a date shirt. It was very difficult. You couldn't believe the number of truly bad shirts there are out there. Everything right now is a tank or a sleeveless or a halter top. Which I'm totally ok with. If I didn't live someplace where the snow never freaking melts.
How hard is it to find a sexy LONG sleeve shirt? Well, let me tell you, my friend, if hard were stupidity, that shirt would be Britney Spears.
IT'S HARD!
Salespeople look at you like you're crazy if you ask for anything like it. Then they show you a freaking sleeveless shirt! And they say something like "You can wear a long sleeve shirt under it." Hello! That is the opposite of sexy! That's like saying to your date, "Yeah, I'm gonna be sexy and hot and maybe we'll make out, and then underneath you'll find my granny panties."
OPPOSITE OF SEXY!
I spent 4 hours in a mall on Wednesday, looking for such a shirt (which seems like a long time, but considering I work in a mall, is just half a work day.) Do you wanna know where I finally found a suitable shirt? At work. Only it was way more than I wanted to spend. Thank God, I get a discount. It's a great color and a great cut on me, but it has this snake-skin patterning on it, that I'm not too crazy about it. But I walked around the entire store, asking co-workers what they thought of this shirt and after 5 people told me that they liked it, I decided to buy it. Because nothing motivates me more than other people's envy.
ENVY ME!
I'm going to wear that shirt every possible chance that I get, including on my birthday trip! Other than that, I haven't been doing much.

No comments: