Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March Madness

So I'm still looking for a new job. I've found some good leads, but who knows what my chances are. They all want you to apply online but I hate doing that because I feel like I get lost in the electronic shuffle. On the other hand, mailing in a resume is so old school and sometimes NOT even an option. What I really need are personal connections. Hmmm ...
I also need to think about what other fields I can apply in. I've tried shoe companies and I've tried museums/art galleries. So what else can I do? Any suggestions?
I really want an MBA and to try consulting in management. But then I actually have to go to school and get that MBA. Sucks. My sister suggested Project Management certification. Actually, my roommate did too. It's mostly used in technical, computer-y fields but it's considered one of the "hottest" certifications to get. And my sister says that the one they hired doesn't know anything technical at all. She's basically just a glorified, well-paid AV club. Still ...
So if you have any suggestions of jobs that I should apply for, I would be happy to hear them.

Meanwhile, we got a new store manager finally. She's probably going to start next week. It's kinda exciting.

In other news, I have a show this Friday. I'm still training at the gym and doing well. Total weight loss, 11 pounds, and they feel permanent. And I'm just wrapping up the script that I was supposed to be writing for Casey. I should be putting the final touches on it today. Busy day today - we'll see how it goes.

No comments: