Friday, April 2, 2010

Another one bites the dust

So Tuesday, I come home and I go to use my computer and the screen is all white. The mouse doesn't do anything. Turning it on and off doesn't do anything. Turning the computer on and off doesn't do anything. So Wednesday, I unplug and replug various wires. I blow on various parts (it's very dusty in my house). I bang on various spots. I even shook it really hard. No effect on it whatsoever.
So I'm sitting there and I think, "Well, your monitor is at least 4 years old. Probably older. It's probably just burnt out. Time to get a new monitor." Yeah, I hated the thought of spending money on it though. So I figured, "Well, just get on craigslist and see if you can get a used one cheap." Then it occurred to me. "Ginger, how are you gonna get on craigslist when your computer monitor doesn't work? You idiot."
They got me. I went to Best Buy (which I HATE*) and bought a new one. I just picked the cheapeast one.

In other news, I lost another pound. Woohoo!

*Don't ask me why I hate it. I can't even believe I went there. I should have gone to Target across the street. But let me just say that they did not fail to continue to offer their ridiculous "insurance," which I fully believe is a condoned scam. Bitter much? Yes ... yes, I am.

No comments: