Thursday, April 8, 2010

The last time I walked this much, I was in China.

I am walking 20 miles because my friend Jen thinks it's fun. No, seriously, this is her idea of a vacation.

I know what you're thinking. How did you, Ginger, end up with a friend like this? That's not like you. How come you're not at a support group for Peeps Overeaters Anonymous? Aren't those the kind of people that you would call life-long soulmates?

Aside from the fact that such a group does NOT exist*, I have to say that you never know where the life-long soulmates will come from. So it does not do to judge people like that. Instead open your heart to all kinds of people, and you too might just meet the kind of friend who challenges you to make the world a better place. I hope I can be that kind of friend to you.

Which is why I'm asking you to contribute. Here is my page, where you can make a contribution to end hunger. And I'll suffer those 20 miles not just for Jen, but for you too.

Thanks.

*I know, I checked.

No comments: