Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hot time, summer in the city

Well, things have been going ok. The job hunt has been slow, although I did have an interview last week. It's with a local travel agency that I've always noticed and sort of dreamed about. They do adventure trips for family, and these would qualify as luxury prices. They are looking for a customer service oriented person to make sure that all of the details of the trip are worked out and communicated to the customer. It's actually ideal, but ... not as much as I made as a manager. I could get by, but it would be nice to start a little bit higher.
It's an entry-level job and they were a little bit afraid that I was over-qualified for the job. I told them that I didn't mind that because I was new to the field and I needed to be at entry-level in order to learn. But I know what their true worry is - if it's not enough, how long before I leave.

In other news, I have been doing well at the workouts. My weight hasn't changed in the last couple of weeks, which is a little disheartening, but I haven't really been changing my diet since the gals visited. And I still haven't had my last session with my trainer.

Work is actually pretty good. The money sucks, but I guess that's the sacrifice that you make for less responsibility. Meanwhile, EVERYONE tells me that I look so much more relaxed and happier now. Now I know I made the right decision.

We have a show next week. I'm excited.

I have big plans for summer. I'm going to try to join a beach volleyball league. Shocking, I know.

When am I going to Switzerland? That is in the works. Richmond in October? Definitely.

So ... as you can see, I have lots to look forward to.

No comments: