Saturday, May 22, 2010

Stick my neck out

I only have one session left with my trainer. I am so sad. I wonder if I'd be able to start a regular friendship with this guy. Cause in addition to being so good-looking, he seems kinda cool. But maybe only cause he's always cheering me on and telling me how great I am ... at working out.
My last session was Wednesday. We updated the routine that I usually do for strenth training. It's 8 different sets, each set done for 2 minutes with as much intensity as I can give it. It's things like bicep curls and chest presses, and sit-ups/crunches. Those were killer. And then repeat these for a total of three times.
Then yesterday, my throat started to hurt. And I was worried because my friend Kati was sick with something and I didn't want to come down with what she had. I kept feeling my throat and it felt swollen and tender. Otherwise, I felt fine. But I was worried.
So last night, I went to the gym. I decided to do the whole strength training routine. I still felt fine. I did some cardio and I knocked out most of the sets. And then I realized when I did my first crunch why my throat was sore. I had worked so hard to do the crunches on Wednesday that I was sore from my abs all the way up to my neck. I just didn't feel it as much in my abs because I've been working them out.
Oh my god. I've never been sore in my NECK. I hope I don't end up like those weightlifters who have NO neck.
Now I just have to work up the nerve to flirt with my trainer.

No comments: