Friday, September 17, 2010

Imagine that I'm saying this with an English accent.

London was absolutely charming, darling. I absolutely loved it. I can't wait to post my photos on Facebook, so that everyone can see what an absolutely smashing time that we had. Really. It was good times with a good friend. I mean, that's what it's all about, innit?

Highlights? Of course, darling. Here they are (in no particular order):

The London Eye
Tower of London - brilliant Yeoman Warder who gave us a proper tour
Festival on the Thames, featuring spectacular fireworks - absolutely brilliant way to end the summer, innit?
Parliament (of course)
Buckhingham Palace (of course)
Westminister Abbey (of course)
St. Paul's Cathedral - quick fact! It is not Catholic.
Seeing the Magna Carte at the British Library - completely unexpected and absolutely brill!
Seeing a show at a West End theat"RE" - made us feel like proper West End girls. (What did we see? "Love Never Dies," the sequel to "Phantom of the Opera" - quite nice)
The Rosetta Stone and Parthenon Friezes at the British Museum, along with an explanation of why they are NOT returning the friezes to Greece. Hmph!
Afternoon High Tea - clotted cream, I love you. Will you marry me?
Abbey Road - bit of a letdown, really
National Gallery - made all of those Art History courses finally worth it!
Running in St. James' Park - not nearly as lovely as running along the Thames.
Showerhead at our hotel - God, 5-star hotels are lovely.

Well, there's actually quite bit more, but we'll leave it at that. I had a lovely time visiting with an old friend (I don't mean the queen) and just getting away from it all. I came back to the equally lovely news of a 2nd interview for a job. Really quite nice, innit?

Take care, cheerio, and all that rot! Bob's your uncle.

No comments: