Saturday, September 4, 2010

Newest Annoyance

I know, I haven't updated in a while. I prolly shouldn't say that because it might be a while til I update again. And then whatever argument I make for not updating for a while will just seem tawdry.

Newest annoyance? Yesterday, I wore a pair of capri pants that I purchased the last time I lost so much weight. Weight Watchers 2003. They're cute pants. Anyhoo, I had actually dug them out earlier this summer and been wearing them since. They were snug at first but they are fitting better and better everytime I wear them. And then yesterday, there was this thing.

See, when you lose weight and pants become too big for you, most of them are too big everywhere, so they just sag everywhere. You spend all day pulling them up or you wear a belt that bunches the pants up or ... whatever. You make do. But when you're wearing a pair of fitted pants that were probably a little too tight when you first started wearing them anyway, you have a different experience.

Yesterday, I put them on, I went to work, and right as I got to work, I thought, "Hey! I think my zipper's down." You know? How they just feel a little too "roomy" right around your belly paunch? So, since I was right at the entrance, and we have security cameras everywhere, I did that non-chalant hand brush across the front of my belly to see if my fly was open. It wasn't. Whew.

I started my shift, I took care of customers, I spent a good amount of time sitting. And then it was lunch. So I got up, got my purse and headed to the lunch room, and then I got that "roomy" feeling again. So I did another covert belly rub - I felt like the lucky Buddha. Nope, all good. Well, I had to check. When you're sitting, sometimes that happens - your belly gets a little paunchier, so your zipper could react! But no, I was safe.

Then I went to lunch. And dammit, as soon as I got up from sitting, I felt that "roominess" again! And I was sitting out at our cafe, right in front of everybody, so you know I was not going to rub my belly paunch in front of everybody. That's when it occurred to me why I was feeling it ... because my pants are roomy right there ... because I don't have so much of a belly paunch any more.

After I figured it out, it didn't bother me so much. It's just funny to me that I was so annoyed about it. Really funny.

No comments: