Sunday, December 12, 2010

GingAwesome

oh em gee, it's been so long since I've updated. And I was trying to be better about it.

Do you like my new blog pic? I Pop-Arted myself. I'm rather proud of it. I had taken photos of myself because I had gotten my make-up done by the MAC girls in a Mad Men fashion. I got my makeup done because I was supposed to go this theme party where people dress up pre-1960's. I was going to go when my closing shift ended at the store. I didn't go because I found out during the middle of my shift that I had to stay an hour later than I thought. The store extended its hours. If you're asking yourself why I'm still working there, you must be reading my mind. I just have to get through the craziness of the holidays and then I'll quit and live a normal life.

Whenever I think about that, I sigh. I get kind of a glazed look in my eye, and I look up and slightly to the right, you know, in that far-away way. "Normal ... it must be so grand!" I whisper. People must think I'm weird.

Other normal things that I've been doing:
I've been working.
I've been performing improv.
I bought a hat. (It's a great hat.)

I went home for Thanksgiving and it was awesome! I went shopping on Black Friday and it was awesome. We spent 30 minutes looking for a parking space and it was awesome! I spent an outrageous amount of money and it was awesome! I had leftover turkey with gravy and stuffing and it was awesome! The awesometude of the awesomeness was of such an awesomnity that you would have been blinded by sheer awesomation. I am not overstating this.

Why? you're thinking. Because I NEVER get to go shopping on Black Friday. I'm always rushing back to the store (no matter where I've lived) in order to open or close and work ridiculous hours, while my family plans Black Friday hunting and finds great deals, and later talks about how they love their new things, while wolfing down a turkey and cranberry sandwich made on a leftover roll, with a little bit of homemade noodles mushed in, because my family is weird and mixes carbs like that. I missed that EVERY year. This year, I ate that sandwich with GUSTO! And I don't even like cranberry.

It's my year, baby. I have decided. I never thought when this year started that it would have ended so well, but it did. It is the year of Ginger. And ... it is awesome.

P.S. Casey says that the movie should be finished by end of Jan. Exciting!

No comments: