Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death

I like the little town that I live in. It's called Watertown and it's near Cambridge, just outside of Boston. It's very cute. There is a sushi place, not more than a block from where I live and manicure/pedicure place even closer. There's a Starbucks across the street and a Dunkin Donuts too, but other than that, most of the little businesses are Mom & Pop type places. The Charles River Park is close by and is supposed to be good for running. I'll have to check that out. Also, they have outdoor concerts every Thursday on the lawn at Watertown Park.

I wish there was a grocery store closer tho. I went to one of those little Mom & Pop type places, and it's not like they have fresh veggies every day.

My apt is nice, a lot like my Richmond apts. Old with a lot of character. What this really means is no air-conditioning. But since I'm from the South, I can handle it. Not to mention, I've lived without air conditioning. The little complex where my apt is reminds me of a German castle, with a gate thru which we drive to park in the central courtyard, with the walls ringed round it. The owners also have a little garden that they tend in the courtyard as well. Hardwood floors, high ceilings, narrow stairways and a storage space that I call the "crazy Grandma attic." You know, it's where they would have hidden the crazy Grandma in the old days. Yeah, well, that's what Patrick Henry did to his wife ... and ... in the basement. I told you, I'm from the South.

Overall, I think I'm gonna like it here. Even if I do still miss him.

1 comment:

Megan B said...

Souns nice :) Hope you're keeping well, and distracted!