Sunday, November 11, 2007

Common Law

Rejoice, me gal-stones, I went on a date last night. A real date, meaning he paid for dinner. It was very nice. I enjoyed it immensely. I think it's the first real date that I've been on in a long time.
I met him on craigslist. He wrote a very normal ad and I responded saying I probably would have written a very similar one.
We met for dinner and talked and talked. Which is a big thing for me. Talking is important. We have a lot in common, I think, in terms of where we are in life.
He has the bluest eyes I have ever seen and one crooked tooth.
At the end of the date, he walked me to the car and he kissed me. Also very enjoyable.
But, mindful of Jen's advice, I shall take it slow. Happy?

In other news, or rather very similar news, I ran into Taxi Driver today. He apologized and said that he had been going thru some crazy stuff and that's why he never called. It could have been awkward, but to be honest, I wasn't really all that bothered to run into him. And he wasn't really that weird about it either. He said to give him a call sometime, you know, just as friends, but I don't think that I will. It must be as obvious to him as it is to me that we have nothing in common. Oh well. At least he had the guts to apologize.

No comments: