Sunday, December 2, 2007

15th Century Italian Renaissance Artists

So I explained the 15 date challenge to someone the other night and she thought it was a good idea. I mean, I admitted that it really got me out there and we again ended up on the topic of how difficult it is to meet people these days. We joked about how we would meet people at work. I mean, what could I say to men I meet in my dept? "Hey, how you doin? Are you sing ... oh, this is your son and wife ... buying shoes ... right here ... in the Kids Shoes dept. ... Right." Yep, I meet single eligible men every day. Well, at least they're straight.
My friend is dating someone that she met online and she AND he didn't feel awkward about it, until ... someone reacted to it. You know ... reacted, like with a face and an "Oh" and then realized too late that it was the wrong reaction. This made my friend a little self-conscious and then I told her that almost all of the men that I dated for the challenge I had met online. I don't know that it made her feel better but it supported the argument that it's hard to meet people these days ... unless you're trolling bars. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
We did meet a really cute waiter that night at a pretty cool bar called Bukowski's in Cambridge. They serve all kinds of beer. Really unusual $45 a pint imported beers. AND they had sweet potato fries. It was a classy joint.
Then we went to an improv show. They are trying to raise money to move to a new theater, and they have a pretty cool fundraising gimmick. For $20, I purchased a pie of shaving cream from them that I could then use to "pie" someone in the face at any time during the show. Using my impeccable comic timing, I "pied" someone right when he used a really bad Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reference in the middle of the show. The audience groaned at the joke, so I knew it was the right time. They then cheered me on with the pie. It was awesome. They have classes starting in January. I will definitely be partaking.
An improv show would make a good date with someone. I'm on the lookout for December's date.

1 comment:

Megan B said...

That pie thing is the most awesome idea ever.