Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 5

Friday, Nathan was in town. That was super awesome. He was in town to help a friend with an anime convention and he managed to finagle all of Friday off. He was sore from loading, unloading, and carrying large cardboard boxes. I told him that if he moved around more, he wouldn't be so sore. I felt justified in saying this to him, because I went for a 3 mile walk that morning.


Woohoo!


Anyway, we went for a steak lucnh (enh) and then a movie. We saw Terminator Salvation. I love Sam Worthington. How are the Aussies churning out such good looking men? I do remember, though, when my friend Siobhan moved there for about 9 months and told me that the only good looking Aussie men were the ones in the movies. This is getting harder and harder to believe. I mean surely there is a ranch somewhere in the Australian outback whose sole purpose is to breed good-looking men. Like REAL men. Brauny, muscular, tall, heroic, brooding, and laconic men.

Basically, we just hung out for the rest of the day. Even though he was in town for the whole weekend, he and I both had to work, so it was the only time that we'd see each other. It was much needed because it's been a long week at work and even longer weekend. Lots of shoppers. But I'm doing alright with it and that should get me through the rest of the week.

Last night was a weird night for dreams. Early in the night, I had a dream that I'd had before. I dreamt that a kite large enough to hold me lifted me away and carried me over the landscape. It requires some skill to fly the kite; you can try to catch an updraft and fly farther. I don't really remember any other details. I can't remember if there was a purpose to the flying, or just something that I enjoyed. But always amazing to me is that the kite is large enough and I'm the only one that I know that can do it. Hmmm ...

Then I had another dream that I was trying to have a dept mtg and none of my employees would listen. They kept interrupting; they weren't paying attention; they only wanted to goof off. Finally, at the end of the meeting, I tell all of them that I'm ashamed of them and they have completely shattered my confidence in them. I cry. They see me crying. I think they feel guilty but I don't know that they change.

Then today I had a bad day at work. Hmmm ...

No comments: