Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pain in your left or right arm?

I went home for Mother's Day weekend. I flew down on Sat morning and back up on Mon morning. It was a great trip. We got my mom a Burberry handbag for her to take to Korea. She coupled it with the Louis Vuitton wallet that my aunt had given her. She's all like "oh, is this fashionable?" She's going to Korea in June. She's going to fly back with my cousin, who is coming to visit here. Let's just say it'll be busy for my family.
Speaking of family, right now, my sister Cheryl's got a lot going on. She had her gastric bypass surgery in April and everything went well. She had a lot of residual pain but it seems to be going down. Being on a liquid diet (as some of you know) is a pain in the ass, but she's doing it. Because she has no choice. Then 2 nights ago, her husband had a heart attack. Actually he had it earlier in the day and managed to go about his daily activities before thinking, "wow, I'm really feeling a lot of pain." When he came home from work, Cheryl didn't notice it at first, but then he said something to the effect of "wow, I'm really in a lot of pain," she said, "well, you're not normally a grayish color, so why don't we take you to the hospital." If this all sounds rather calm and rational, it's because that's how it was relayed to me on the phone. The good news is that he's going to be fine. He has to change his diet and exercise, of course, and the docs say he might be diabetic. He comes home from the hospital today.
I told Cheryl that this is a wake-up call. Maybe now together as a family, they will work on their health.
Well, I should talk, right? I mean, I was supposed to do the challenge with Jen and I didn't do a very good job of it. So I'm recommitting here, in solidarity with my sister and her family, exercise 3 times a week. Help me out, will ya?
This week, I didn't exercise 3 times, but I did do it once. My work has gotten together a softball team and we had practice Tues night. Wow, sore for 3 days. Not in my legs, because I have been walking, but all in my right arm and hand from batting. We were supposed to have another practice on Thus, but it got rained out. So, assuming the pain doesn't kill me, that'll be a form of exercise once or twice a week.

No pun intended.

No comments: