Wednesday, October 20, 2010

No longer bored at work

So it's about 8:30 pm, and I've had 3 days of New Job. And I'm tired. In fact, I didn't go to the gym today, even tho I should have, because I just thought that I might need some extra time in bed. You see, I didn't often open at Interim job, which usually meant that I was closing, which also meant that I didn't have to be there til 1 pm, which translated to I got to sleep in ...

... a lot.

Which was a perk.

But now that I have New Job, I try to be there at about 9 am. And I try to look like an adult. "Putting on my big girl pants," which is my family's new favorite phrase. Which translates to hair and makeup in gingerspeak. So I'm getting up a little extra early these days.*

Anyway, back to my point, I was contemplating that I was tired, and that it sucks that I don't get to sleep in, and then I realized something. Well, actually more like, I felt something. I let it roll around in my psyche a moment so that I could pinpoint what it was.

I realized ... that I can't wait to go back to work tomorrow. Is it ... dare I say ... passion?

Yes. Yes, it is! I've felt this before. Passion for a job, a career, a direction! I had it once before. It was when I first started out at my last job. For the first time in my life, I couldn't wait to get to work. And then when I was there, I loved it and wouldn't leave. I'll be honest, it wore off after about a year, but ... I remember it. It felt so good. And now I feel it again! That excitement, that anticipation, that planning in your head of what you're going to do when you get there tomorrow, that mental list of phone calls that you have to make, and then planning that mid-morning coffee that you're going to reward yourself with for having gotten it all done. It's there again! I can't believe it!

This is a strange concept to some, I know. Some people don't know this experience and find it a little hard to believe, like paranormal phenomenon. But I can assure you that it's possible. And, incredibly!, I am now experiencing this for the 2nd time in my life.

Can lightning strike twice? I don't know. But I have found what I was looking for. Maybe I oughta buy a lottery ticket. I'm one lucky girl. Sorry ... big girl.

*I can't wait to go shopping with my New Job paychecks, so I can buy big girl pants that fit and look good on the skinnier me.

No comments: