Sunday, October 24, 2010

What do you call it when you think it's great, but it's not?

Other weight-loss problems? Sure.

My shoes don't fit anymore. I slide out of all of them. I used to have this beautiful pair of green suede shoes with a little velvet bow - I always got compliments when I wore them. Heels come right out, pants gets stuck in them, I almost trip. ARRRGH!

I'm digging out the shoes from the back of my closet (you know, the ones that used to be a little too tight, but I thought they'd stretch) and wearing those.

None of my winter pants fit, except for a grey wool pair that my sister bought me years ago, that never fit because they were about 2 sizes too small. Now they're about 1 size too small, but at least I can get in them. And when I say that my winter pants don't fit, I mean that they won't stay up. They fall straight down to the ground. Great, right? ARRRGH!

Bad news though - I've gained 2 lbs. If I want to lose more weight, I have to start dieting seriously. This sucks because I've always known that I'm not too good at it. I did well on Weight Watchers and that left me with some good habits that I'm trying to stick too. I did well this summer because finances forced me to pack lunch, which put me in a great position to eat better. But in the new job, I'm eating lunch every day at their cafeteria, where I tend to overeat. And because I'm working weekends also, I haven't even had time to go shopping for food. And so I give in to exhaustion and eat out -also very poorly.

If I can just get through the holidays without putting on more weight ...

The other thing that's bothering me is that the weather has been keeping me away from running along the river. I didn't realize that the gym wouldn't provide as good a workout. And I really HATE the treadmill. Seriously, I'm just angry at it now. I can't do any of the other machines because those feel like even less of a workout. I did go to one of the dance exercise classes last week, which felt good. Interval type training, worked up a good sweat, felt stupid - all the earmarks of a great workout. So I'd like to try incorporating that into my workout regime. Maybe I just need to invest in some warmer workout clothes and keep up the run along the river. Really? Why is this getting harder?

This was supposed to feel good. ARRRGH!

No comments: