Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Are you listening?

I had a date last night and it was awesome! Do you know how long it's been since I've been on an AWESOME date? Continents were still drifting.
He looks like my ideal - blond and blue-eyed. And he asked me so many questions. At one point, he apologized for asking so many questions, and I had to tell him that I love it! So different from the last date I was on.*
At the end of the date, he was such a gentleman. So much in fact, that I thought he might not be interested.
But he just called! and he definitely wants to talk.

Fingers crossed!

*did I tell you about that? Ugh, it was awful. I LITERALLY never thought I would say this but I got sick of him being interested in me only physically. Not that I don't want someone to be interested in me physically, but come on! I'm a smart person, I can tell that you're just asking the perfunctory obligatory conversational questions and that you're not really interested in listening to me. Conversation went something like this:

Me: Aren't you going to ask me any questions? (I LITERALLY had to ask him to ask me questions).
Him: What historical period do you most like?
Me: (stunned) What? Oh, uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Victorian, I guess.
Him: Really?
Me: Well, I think the scientific advances of the time really influenced the art of the time.
Him: What scientific advances?
Me: Oh, like the study of anatomy, it reallyHIM: I'd like to study your anatomy!

Of course, this is the first guy I meet after I dated a guy who asked me 4 times within the span of two hours, "Which one is your parking space?" We were standing IN IT for the first three times he asked. On the 4th, I snapped back, and he took it personally. He sulked for about an hour and then tried to instigate a fight. I apologized, saying that I don't like feeling like I'm not being listened to. He ignored that and kept trying to fight. I stopped the fight and said, "This is what I'm talking about." He backed down, but I LITERALLY lost interest in him at that moment.

No comments: