Monday, July 15, 2013

Coconut milk is a natural laxative. That's something Gilligan never told us.

How did I do on the 5K? Well, I finished it. But I don't care about that. What I care about is the fact that 31 people "liked" my status about it on FB. It said,  I crushed my 5K tonight! And by "crushed," I mean "finished."
Either they are excited that I can finish 3.1 miles, or they are impressed by my truly pithy* statement. No other status update has ever gotten so many likes. Eeeeee!

The other notable fact about the 5K is the Zico coconut water that I had at the finish. Somehow the rep at the tent convinced me of its healthful qualities, so I opened up a cool bottle to quench my 5K thirst.

Blech.

When I told my sister about it, she asked, "does it taste like coconut?" I told her that I'm sure that it does, but it requires it to be in my mouth for longer than I am willing to tolerate. They also had Perfect Fuel Chocolate, which is dark chocolate meant to "refuel" you, like an energy bar or something. This rep also pontificated on and on about its healthful benefits, and I nodded appreciatively, wondering when it was going to sink in that I'm helping myself to their free chocolate.

I did not go out afterwards. It was starting to rain and it occurred to me that I just don't want to. BUT I did sign up for another 5K. They're not so hard. And with 31 people to cheer me on, how could I not?

*"Pithy" is the wrong word. But I like it better than "funny."

No comments: