Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Heat Wave of a Totally Different Kind

I skipped my run this morning. I may still go for a run after work, but it's raining heavily now. This means that I won't be going outdoors. So it must be the gym. Except that I hate going to the gym AFTER work. I much prefer going when it's not so busy. It would be ok if I didn't do my run at all today. I think so.
Meanwhile I went to my doctor last week. My health is fine overall. Of course I'm overweight, but everything else is fine. Except my HDL (my good cholesterol) is too low. They recommend fish and other foods high in Omega-3s. My favorite, preferred, and chosen course of remedy is ...

... drinking alcohol.


It's true. Never has a medical treatment been so welcome.

Actually my combined cholesterol is higher than it was, which could be due to the 2-egg omelettes I've been eating practically every morning for the last 6 months. Oops. And the exercise didn't have any effect on my weight at all. I haven't lost any weight even though I feel like I'm running quite a bit these days. I really do need to start regulating my diet again.

Other things going on in my life:

  1. Kitsch In Sync had a fantastic show last Saturday. I was high from it all weekend.
  2. The heat wave was killer. And I don't have AC.
  3. I applied for a job that I think is perfect for me (somewhere else) but I haven't heard from them, not even a notification that they received my application. Hmm.
  4. I seem to have some kind of romantic obsession. Anything with a really sexy love story has me completely spellbound, from True Blood to the Hunger Games trilogy to Anne of Green Gables. Seriously, these could not be more different. I really got to get back into the dating game.

No comments: