Friday, August 3, 2007

We sang Don't Stop Believin' by Journey.

Alright, so I met this guy on craigslist. We've been hanging out. And I don't know why. I mean, he's nice and he seems really into me. Maybe a little too into me. I think he's just excited to be with somebody. I don't blame him. I am too. But I'm a little worried that we don't really have that much in common and we'll try to force something that's not really there. You know, like he's really into heavy metal and dirty jokes. I like 80s music and Harry Potter. How can we build a lasting relationship on that? But I give everything a chance, don't I?

And why is it that guys are all or nothing? Can't they take something slow? This new guy is really sure that we have something. I wish I had his confidence. Jen tells me that I have to take it slow, but it's the guy's fault if I'm not taking it slow. Seriously. I mean, I can take it slow, but I'm bad at that. Usually, I take it so slow that the guy ends up thinking that I'm not interested.

I seem to meet men who are so sure in the beginning that we really have something, while I'm not. And then when I start to take things seriously, they aren't so serious anymore. I don't know if they changed their mind or if their hormones were in control in the beginning. Tell me, do all men do this? Is the trick to find someone for whom the sureness doesn't wear off?

I'm so frustrated at work. I don't like my new boss. Also, I really hurt the feelings of one of my co-workers. I was thoughtless and mean when I told her she sucked at karaoke. What's wrong with me? I have to make it up to her.

Soon, work will really begin for me and maybe I'll start to feel like my life isn't on hold anymore. That would be nice. And as nice as it is to have someone so into me, I need to find a way to make this non-exclusive. If anyone has any advice on what kind of verbiage I can use with this craigslist guy, let me know.

No comments: