Wednesday, October 3, 2007

She's starting on me now.

Just a quick update on life so far:

My parents visited last week. Much needed. We had lobster, we had brunch, they brought me cookies. I wonder if my family has an unhealthy obsession with food. Well, that wasn't all we did. We took the trolley tour, which is way better than the Duck tour. We walked around Fanueil Hall. We strolled around the Boston Gardens. It was really nice. They continued their visit by driving around the rest of New England and visiting a resort spa. They had a really nice time. It would have been great except for one little thing - my mother telling me at the very end of the trip, as I am walking them to their car, that she's glad that I'm doing really well in my job but my priority is to meet someone and get married so that I can have kids. Seriously, I was so mad I almost started crying. What a thing to tell me.

Which reminds me, the challenge is coming along. If we count 5 in Baltimore and then 5 here in Boston, that puts me at only 5 left. Which averages out to one a month. So since October has just begun, I am on the lookout. I am having some luck with craigslist, although that's not the best quality guy. I am thinking about rejoining match.com, but I'm kinda over that and my friends who are doing it aren't having much luck. I am exploring other options such as a Swing Dance thing once a month, a Young Professionals thing once a week, and some other stuff. So we'll see.

Not that I'm trying to make my mother happy. But I'm just tired of her making me unhappy.

1 comment:

Rob Hoffmann said...

Your mother can only make you as sad as you let her.

So if her comment bothers you, is it possibly because, on some level, you buy it?

OK, I'm done waxing philosophical. :)