Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Domo Arigato, Carlton Forbes.

Which one would you choose: zombie-osis, zombie-itis, or inflammation of the zombie?

I think I have Zombieson's disease. Tiny zombies are growing in my lungs, slowly replacing my lung tissues. In 10 months, I'll have zombies for lungs.

Well, that's how I feel. I have a pretty wicked cough (I'm so Bostonian).

I missed 2 days of work because of it. Not that I hate missing work, but I'm trying to save up my PTO. Got February to think of.

I haven't seen the video for the filming that we did this past weekend, but I hear it's pretty good. Now the director is trying to squeeze more filming into weekends that are not free for me. And since we are filming at my apt, that makes it a little sticky. I have said that they can't film at my apt without me. And since I don't have any weekends free, what this really means ... is that we're done filming. I hate to be the one responsible for that. But for a fun project, that is not going to see any profit, I think we need to draw the line somewhere.

I've ended up being not just the writer, but also the producer. And it hasn't been that expensive (yet - I haven't seen the electric bill yet from the lighting). I just don't want us to bend over backwards for this, pay a lot of money for it, and inconvenience my roommates, when we're not really seeing anything more than just some fun from it. I wish the director took that view.

So I've been feeling like a bad guy, with a wicked cough, with tons of work waiting for me. Then today, I remembered that we were watching a DVD copy of the Musical Matrix when we were filming this weekend and it was still in the DVD player. Some of you may not know what that is. But if you have a copy, and you've found the blue pill (Easter Egg), and you've watched that little tidbit, you know that it's exactly the kind of thing that can cheer you up when you have Zombieson's disease.

No comments: