Saturday, October 18, 2008

No Snoogie-Woogie

Today we are filming a comedy short in my apartment - one that I wrote. It is actually pretty exciting. I keep thinking, "I have always wanted to do this. What took so long?" To be honest, I knew far more people in Richmond who could have helped me to accomplish this. But for some reason, it just never came together there. Perhaps this is an advantage - not of moving to Boston - but of changing one's environment. We are no longer bound by preconceived limitations prescribed by others, or worse, by ourselves. My advice to you: take a look around and see if you are holding yourself back from anything ... unnecessarily.

Of course, there are bound to be problems. For example, one of our actors is 4 hours late to call. If you have any experience at all with performing arts, you'll know how bad that it.

No comments: