Thursday, October 30, 2008

Eating my brains

I am so depressed. Today, I went to the bookstore ... and I couldn't buy anything. Financial difficulties. Can't afford any extraneous expenses. I didn't think that it would depress me so, but it did. I hardly go to the bookstore, but it's one of my favorite places. If you suggested to me that we spend some random Sunday at the bookstore, I would jump for joy. Once there, some book inevitably sucks me in. And it's always on the "Buy one, get one half off" table. So I buy ... like 4. I rarely spend less than $100 when I go. I only go about 4 times a year. I prefer Borders. Today, it was heartwrenching. I lingered over several tomes. I turned, hung my head, and left. So sad.

There was trick-or-treating at the mall while I was there. So cute. In fact, the drive over to the mall was lined with houses that have decorated for Halloween. Fake graveyards, ghosts, big bubbles of Halloween scenes in the front yard. It's kind of a big deal around here. I think more houses decorate for Halloween than for Christmas. Who knew? I don't know yet what my Halloween plans are, but I am either going to a bar/pub as a bat, or going to a dance club for an 80's Halloween bash as a Robert Palmer girl. I'll take a picture. That's if I feel well enough.

At first, I thought that I had inflammation of the zombie, or zombiosis. Then it was upgraded to Zombieson's disease. But now, I'm pretty sure that I have Whooping Cough. I know that sounds weird, but my symptoms seem to match. I am taking antibiotics for it that were originally intended for strep throat, which I don't have. So we'll see how it goes.

We should be filming part 2 of my trilogy epic on the weekend of Nov 8 and 9. I've been told that what we've got is great. I'm supposed to be writing some more. But I guess the Zombieson's got to my head.

I hope not.

No comments: