Sunday, October 12, 2008

Turn your head and cough

Lots has happened and I don't just mean financially. Although financially, I'm doing better these days.
No, I have been writing a comedy sketch that will be filmed this weekend and with any luck, playing on YouTube on a computer near you. I'm not sure when, cause there will be a fair amount of post-production. But I'm excited. Hopefully, it will be a trilogy. Hollywood, here I come.
In other news, my roommates and I have been hanging out a lot. They are good friends and I am glad to know them.
Speaking of friends, someone I met once in Tokyo emailed me out of the blue. He emailed cause he's going to be in Richmond. And I live in Boston. Sucks. He's very handsome - and according to his facebook page, single.
Last night, I went out downtown. Jason, one of my roommates, had a friend celebrating a birthday. We went to a pretty popular club called the Roxy. It was Gay Mafia night. I'm not sure if it was meant for mafia men who are gay or gay men who like the mafia. I'm well aware it was not meant for me. But if you have never had the experience of going to a gay club or a gay night, you are definitely missing out. At about 12:15 am, the shirts come off and good-looking, buff, oily, gay men dance uninhibitedly. The dance music is always very good. And everyone (except the lessies) is a good dancer. As a single (hetero) girl, it actually feels rather safe. And gay men have a knack for making you feel fabulous ... about yourself. So I had a good time. Despite being reminded of how old I'm getting. I can't keep doing that to myself.
I have had a really bad cough for a couple of weeks. It's a little alarming cause I have no other symptoms. When I do have a coughing fit, I can't breathe and I'll start wheezing. When it happens in bed, the coughing will actually make me throw up. So I've had some sleepless nights. I do not have any other symptoms. No fever, no fatigue, no phlegm even. It's bizarre. So I went to the doctor. His diagnosis? Maybe I have asthma. So he prescribed an inhaler. I thought it ridiculous, but I have the inhaler and I'm using it because now I'm getting desperate.
Otherwise, I'll keep you apprised.
How are you these days?

No comments: