Sunday, January 10, 2010

The elephant in the room? Oh no, that's just my down comforter.

Been to the gym three times!! Woohoo!! Of course, I'm currently eating chocolate, but that will pass. I can't wait til Tuesday when I have my first personal training session.

Also, I went to a fantastic Korean store today. It's Shangri-la. Really, what did I used to do before this store came along?

I did have an improv show this past Friday. It went pretty well. One of the two best shows that I've done here (If you're keeping count, I've done two shows). There were less players than usual. So it was a little more pressure, but nothing that we couldn't handle. I really do like my new improv troupe. I so look forward to practices and shows. I feel like I'm doing something more with my life now. It's exciting. Especially now with the gym thing.

Plus, I'm still volunteering on Tuesdays. I'm glad that I'm doing it but I miss the vibe at the old place a little. At the new place, I feel like the volunteers don't really bring the kids out of their shell as much as we could.

Work is work. I'm still working on new opportunities. Although I did have a small change that might make things a little better. I look outside myself these days to find out what it is that I can do. Perhaps I should have made it a resolution.

The thing that's giving me the most pressure right now is a script that I'm trying to write for a director. It's his idea and it's a good one. I want to make sure that I have it done by our deadline so I'm trying to give it as much attention as I can right now. Some days I'm just drawing a blank, and some days I'm just not doing what he wants, so it's kind of a two steps forward, one step back feeling to it. But we already have some good scenes written and he's recruited a lot of help for it. It could really be something. I'm excited for it too.

The other really big thing that's giving me anxiety has been weighing on me for some time. Ever since it turned cold. I've been meaning and meaning to get to it, but it's such a big project. It's just so heavy and I'm not looking forward to it. I kinda feel like if I had some support from my mother or my sisters, this would be a lot easier to tackle. But I'm a big girl now, and I have to learn to take care of these things myself. So ... I have to sew the cover on the feather comforter myself.

It's just so heavy. It weighs roughly the same amount as a baby elephant.

No comments: