Friday, January 22, 2010

Keep it up!

So I had my third session with my personal trainer this week. We're going to be meeting every other week, for a total of 8 sessions. That's what I've signed up. He and I agree this is a good amount of time to see some real progress. So in each session, he'll be giving me a strength training routine and a cardio routine that I'll follow until the next session. It's pretty effective. I did my first strength training on my own today. It was surprisingly easier than when I did it with him, which made me worry that I wasn't doing it right, but I know that I did my darndest to do it right. The cardio is actually the hardest part because I have to go often enough to do it and then when I'm there, do it for long enough.
I'm really liking this. I'm glad that I've signed up for it. And my mother can stick it as far as "taking time to find a husband" is concerned. I like my personal trainer too. He's motivational and keeps my focused, but also can distract me from how difficult it can be. Well, when he's not being motivational. The last time that I was there, he used the whole time that I was on the treadmill to talk about how great I was doing, and "keep it up," and "you can do it!" and all that pep talk sort of stuff, and ... (I never thought I'd say this) I gotta kinda sick of it. I really wanted to say, "Can we not talk about me and how great I'm doing?" Because all it does is focus on how much longer I have to go on the treadmill. So I'm going to say something at the next session.
The other good thing that I'm hoping for is pick-up volleyball games. When I joined, they said that the gym was trying to get that started. I hope they do because that would be wicked awesome.
Meanwhile, what are my plans for Valentine's Day? none.

No comments: