Saturday, January 30, 2010

How to occupy a whole weekend by doing nothing

Still doing very well with my workouts. I took a couple of days off, although I hadn't meant to. I came home from work one evening, fully intending to go to the gym and, do you know, I fell asleep on the couch. I had no idea that I was so tired. I think that's actually a side effect of working out.
Anyhoo, I went back to the gym last night to do my strength training. I went today to do my cardio. I'll go back tomorrow to do my strenth training again. And then back on Tuesday to do my cardio. And then Wednesday is my next training session with Rich, my hot-ex-marine personal trainer. It's gonna be a fun-filled week. I can't wait.
Meanwhile, I have this weekend off. I don't know what I'll do with myself. As it is, I wasted all of today. I could have gotten some cleaning done, although I really should have worked on the script that I promised Casey.
It's almost done, it just needs some tweaking. While I like our idea, I'm getting a little annoyed now, because I feel like he's adding ideas to the mix a little late. It's almost like over-seasoning the soup. We just need to let it simmer. I guess it really comes down to a difference in our creative styles. I get all my ideas in the beginning and I try to cram them all in. Towards the end, I start editing down. But Casey seems to be the opposite. He started out saying he wanted it simple and as we've gotten more in-depth, he's adding more and more and more. It's a little exhausting. But we gave ourselves a deadline and I think it'll be much less after that.
I guess the other thing I could have done was study for the GMATs but I think I'm so much more occupied with the working-out. Enh. Last week, I lost a pivotal pound. Just one pound, but it was the difference between 200 pounds and 199 pounds. Woohoo!
Meanwhile, I'm gearing up to go home in February. I'll be in Virginia Feb 16 thru 21. Let me know if you're interested in getting together.

No comments: