Thursday, April 2, 2009

Little dentist babies

Breakfast: one fried egg (about 2 tsp butter), 2 pieces whole wheat toast, water
Lunch: gunk from teeth cleaning at the dentist and some sand (I am not kidding).
Dinner: Chipotle burrito, margarita (did you know they SELL this there?!), 1 beer, chips and guac.
Snack: coke and popcorn at the movies.

So I went to the dentist today and one day I would like to have his babies. I found this dentist through my dentist in Towson. He had gone to MCV and knew my dentist in Richmond, who had gone to MCV. So when I told my Towson dentist that I was moving to Boston, he gave me the name of a dentist they both knew from MCV. Well, that particular dentist wasn't there today, but his brother was, is dreamy AND gave me fillings for free. This was after he filled my mouth with sand. Actually, he used a mini-tooth-sand-blaster to remove the decay from around two old fillings (which was fast and painless AND didn't involve novocaine) before putting on new fillings. Since I couldn't remember if these were fillings from Japan (10 years ago) or fillings from my last dentist (last year), we weren't sure if the insurance would cover them. But he said if they wouldn't, they wouldn't worry about charging me. I'm pretty sure that means that he fell instantly in love with me. Because I did.

How does one go about thinking of reasons to see your dentist when he tells you that your teeth and gums are "great! I'll guess we'll see you in 6 months for another cleaning." But you're supposed to be in love with me?!? Couldn't you tell me that I needed a root canal or braces or something?!? Oh for the love of GOD, work with me!

Afterwards, I met my friend Kati and we went to the movies. I work with Kati and we have very similar senses of humor, which is why being the only 2 people in the theater to see Race to Witch Mountain was endlessly funny to us. When we walked in and saw that we'd be alone, we both started searching frantically for seats. "Where will we sit?" "Can you find 2 seats together?" "Can you ask those people to move over one?" Then when I went to the bathroom, I told her to make sure that she saves my seat. When I came back, I yelled from the back of the theater, "Kati, where are you? I can't find you!" When she came back from the bathroom, she said, "People are so rude. No one would get up to let me back in to my seat!" Of course, we commented very loudly on the movie (which by the way, is pretty good and perfect for kids AND adults), but halfway through the movie, 2 more people came in to see the film. Who does that? When they sat down, probably 10 rows in front of us, I leaned over to Kati and said, "Of course, they would sit right in front of us, blocking our view."

Actually, that was funny probably because of the 2 margaritas we had at Chipotle. Good times.

No comments: