Wednesday, April 8, 2009

You go, girl

I did not exercise today. I did not exercise yesterday. I have been eating like a garbage truck.

But I'll try again tomorrow.

I did try out for an improv troupe today. I'm getting better at the auditions. And there were FAR less people there, thus improving my chances GREATLY. I'm a numbers gal. I'll keep you updated.

Finally, I'd like to tell a story for a friend who's feeling nervous about the choices that she's made.


I tried and tried to get someone to go with me on my big trip around the
world. I was scared and I thought I shouldn't go alone. But I just
couldn't convince myself that it was a good reason NOT to go. And
I really, really, really wanted it. "Traveling around the world" was
something I had wanted my whole life. Even though people warned me not to,
I went and for purely selfish reasons. It's what I wanted.

While staying with relatives in Korea, my aunt went with me
to buy the ticket to Beijing. She was scared for me - she didn't
think that I should travel alone. The travel agent told us that the ticket
was non-refundable. This made my aunt nervous. But I swallowed
hard and told her buy the ticket. I thought, "Well, I have no choice but
to go now."

I was at the airport alone - there was no one to see me off
on this grand journey. I was scared shitless. I checked
my backpack. I boarded the plane. I clearly remember the
sound of the plane door closing. And I swallowed hard and
thought, "Well, I have no choice but to go now."

Each time that I got scared, I imagined a million ways that I could give up and go straight home. And trust me, bad things happened to me. More than most
know about. But I kept plunging forward until I had no choice but to
keep going forward. All I had to do was get myself past the point of no return.



Girl, you already did it. Keep going forward. The moment when you made your choice is a moment to celebrate your courage and your triumph over fear.

It was the moment when you made your dreams come true. Keep going forward.

No comments: