Friday, April 17, 2009

My cup runneth over.

Ok, Tarot card reading. 2 of cups, 4 of cups, 8 of cups, eclipse and sun, small dogs, rivers and flow. 8 of cups was leaving knowledge behind and taking a journey, trying new things. An eclipse in the sky. Darkness in light. Then Queen of Swords. Aloof and wise, reclusive and yet sought after for knowledge. Nice compliment. Then 2 of cups, upside down. Someone is offering me something, a cup. Take it. Upside down serves to emphasize chance of it. Then 4 of cups right side up. Eyes are downcast at 3 cups, while a hand from a cloud offers a 4th. Look up. Take it. Rivers in all cards. Representing flow. Finally, THE FOOL. Upside down. A full sun in the sky. About to fall off a cliff. A small dog yaps at me. Fool is traveling. Taking chances. Upside down represents surprises in store.

Basically, I came away from the reading that I need to trust my gut in taking a journey. This journey may take me away from things that I am sure of and knowledgeable about, which makes me afraid, but I should trust it because my knowledge will serve me. Also things are offered to me and I need to trust my instinct in these things. Look up from the cups, take new chances. Don't dwell on the old. When I asked about romance, she said that great surprises were in store.

Whatever that means.

It was a really fascinating thing. We all had it done and everyone ended up getting a reading that had an impact on them. Of course, it was appropriately vague, but eerily accurate. Try it sometime.

Tuesday, I had to go to a training class in Burlington. That was fun. We took a look at the mall and the other store. We ate tapas for lunch and saw the new electronic cigarette. For dinner, it was chipotle. I ended up staying late at work that night to prepare for some big visits the next day. My corp bigwigs were coming and I needed to work my floor. Per usual, I kept it to last minute.

The visits were not ideal. They, in doing their job, have a lot of suggestions. I, in doing my job, am a little defensive. Someone else at work said it best - they are idea people, not solution people. So they have great ideas, but not necessarily practical solutions. So I'm learning tact. It's always been a weakness for me. Let's face it, BS and tact go together like PB and J.

I had the callback audition for the troupe Wed night, right after their visit. It wasn't my strongest performance, but I did feel like I got a little back, when they let me perform an additional monologue at the end. Because time was short, they had asked if we could skip mine earlier, but later offered me the chance to do it after the audition. My biggest problem was that I wasn't contributing in my scenework. But to be fair, we were all doing that. The monologue went better for me, because it was just me. Anyhoo, I found out the next day that I didn't make it. And I would just like to say that she's Meshawesome for a reason.

So maybe that improv troupe in Italy is exactly the kind of chance and journey that I should be taking with my cups of knowledge.

We'll see.

No comments: