Saturday, March 21, 2009

Liar, liar, pants on fire - ow, my ass is burning!

I'm going to lie to you and tell you that the reason I haven't blogged lately is because I've been working sooooooooooooooo much. I'm going to lie to you and tell you that I've been eating soooooooooooo good. I'm also going to embellish the amount of exercise that I've been doing ... "I've been exercising a LOT! Whew! You'd be so proud of me!"
Yeah, and you won't know anything at all about the sliders and crispy green beens and 2 beers that I had after work on Thurs night (while watching the first half of the VCU-UCLA game - damn we almost had it!) Or the big ol' crappy cheesesteak that I had for dinner last night at an equally crappy beer garden. OR the quarter pounder with cheese that I had today! Yeah! You won't know anything about that.
What I will tell you is that I worked a "rounder" on Thursday (yes, I did that on Tues too), which means that I worked from open (or 8 am) to close (roughly 10 pm). I did have a 3 hour break in the middle, which I used to go home and try to nap but ended up watching Sense and Sensibility instead. Lovely movie. Actually, I got to work at 6:50 am on Thursday because that was the day of our bigwig's visit, which went great. I was the nighttime manager and I had to stay until everything was all done, which is why I was there til 10 pm. Which explains perfectly why I had to go to TGIF's after and get a couple of beers and sliders.
On Friday, I managed to work a normal day although the boss did catch me coming in late. I almost left on time. Almost. Today I got there at 7:30 am for a special event and I left about 5:30 pm. Almost. Hopefully, I can finally get a decent night's sleep because (surprise, surprise!) I have to work tomorrow.

I can't wait til Easter's over.

I WAS invigorated by my walk on Wed, so I am trying to do more of it. That is NOT a lie.

No, seriously, it's not.

In other, totally random news: The final episode of Battlestar Galactica rocked. I loved it! How much do I love Tom Welling - enough to watch the entire season of Smallville again on my Itunes! Was anyone else proud that Obama had actually heard of VCU, let alone picked them to beat UCLA? I'm so sorry that my alma mater let you down, Obama. And finally, when I was leaving work yesterday, one of the employees said as I was walking by, "there's goes our little singer." When I turned and smiled, she said, "Oh my god (imagine a thick Boston accent too) did you hear about Natasha Richardson? They dimmed the lights on Broadway for her! It's so sad." And it is. But ... secretly ... I was so flattered that her thought process had made the leap from me to Broadway.

I'm not gonna lie, I was thrilled.

No comments: