Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spin me right round.

So much is going on with the world. It's crazy and I'm confused. AIG, Natasha Richardson, Stewart and Cramer ... I can't take it anymore. Did you know that VCU in in the NCAA tournament? The sky is falling!

But what I'm concerned with most is ... my diet and exercise routine.

Breakfast: bowl of apple jacks with 2% milk.
Lunch: all the beef out of the leftover beef and broccoli (chinese) that I made last week. The broccoli was just too mushy.
Snack: 1 bottle of coke and and a big bag of chocolate-covered pretzels
Dinner: salad with romaine and iceberg, red bell pepper and italian dressing, 3 slices of cheddar cheese, 4 slices of salami, 2 cans of coke.

In response to your question, Jen: I can't give up the coke. I might could convince myself to drink less, but I can't give it up for diet. (yuck) Besides my goal is to increase my exercise, not necessarily change my diet.

So ...

I walked 3 miles today. The weather was nice enough. I walked to the library and post office, then took the route along the river and back. Round trip is about 3 miles. And it's a lovely walk in all seasons. Right now, it's bare-leafed and raging river, but it'll be nice to see the change as the year goes on. I stopped at the dry cleaners on the way back. So the whole trip felt productive. All in all, about an hour and a half of walking. My legs and feet hurt. I meant to get my taxes done, but ...

In other news:
Kalpana had a baby girl!
I got new eyeglasses (2 pairs of them!).

No comments: