Thursday, March 5, 2009

You'll feel a slight pressure.

Ok, so Jen wanted me to do the Self Challenge and I signed up for it and then ...

I didn't check in for like 2 weeks. So today I finally check in and ...

it's so slow. And there's so much stuff on it, I can't be sure what it wants me to do. I gather that the point it that it will tell me to do stuff every day and I should do it. Also, I can record each day what I ate and any exercise that I did. There's like a little blog section but ...

I already have a blog. So what I will do is ...

use this blog to share that stuff with you. I will update it each day so that Jen can make sure that I'm doing it. Honestly, I just keep forgetting to check in with the other website each day. I want to have better habits and exercise more. I really do. In fact, I just had a regular check-up with my doctor and (aside from a quasi-confirmation that the other doctors are idiots) her recommendation is that I need more exercise. Also, I have low good cholesterol and I can fix this with exercise and a diet rich with Omega-3-or-4-or-5-or-something. So ...

My goal is ...

Increased exercise: at least 2 30-minute workouts a week. I know this isn't a lot but it's doable and can be upgraded later. I can achieve this goal by walking during my lunch break at work when the weather is cold. Just walking around the mall. The great thing about this is one of the other managers wants to do it with me. She kinda has a goal of more exercise as well. So hopefully, we can hold the other accountable. When the weather warms up, hopefully I can go back to walking along the river and maybe increasing it to 3 or 4 times a week. Also I plan to reintroduce salmon into my diet. I've been kinda off salmon every since moving back from Japan (can you blame me?) I happened to have bought an AMAZING grill pan at Ikea (during the birthday weekend) and it would be awesome for salmon. It would be salmawesome. So if you have any good salmon recipes, please share.

To start it off:
Thursday, Mar 4
Breakfast:
  • 1 1/2 bowls of Capn Crunch cereal with 2% milk

Lunch
  • Fried Egg sandwich with 1 slice cheddar cheese, 1 egg, on 2 slices whole wheat bread.
Etc.
  • 2 glasses of water so far.
  • a couple of swigs of my Kefir yogurt

No exercise yet, but I am going to clean the bathroom, do laundry and go to karaoke! Exhausting.

UPDATED! Didn't do laundry but I did clean my bathroom AND my room. Oh, and we went to karaoke.

Snack
  • another bowl of Cap'n Crunch
  • 2 slices of cheddar cheese

Dinner
  • 5 pieces of tuna nigiri sushi
  • 6 pieces of salmon maki
  • 1 pc shrimp tempura
  • 2 pc sweet potato tempura
  • 1 pc broccoli tempura
  • 1 beer
  • 1 coke (laced with rum so that we could sneak it into the karaoke place)
  • 1 bite of Jillian's Snickers bar

No comments: