Saturday, March 14, 2009

Surrender Dorothy

Ok, so how do I classify the exercise that I do as part of my job, i.e. selling? I mean, I sell shoes for a living. That entails getting up & sitting down at least 3 times for every customer; running to the stockroom at least twice for every customer; and then on a day like today, I had at least 15 customers. This doesn't even include the trip up to Alterations, in order to make holes in a leather strap to buckle the shoes onto a narrow foot. As busy as today was and on days like it, I come home with legs sore.

So that's gotta be quantified somehow.

What did I eat? Good question.

Breakfast: coffee with cream, no sugar, and a pecan roll.
Lunch: roast beef on ciabatta with organic greens, tomato and garlic aioli, potato chips, cookie, and a bottle of coke

That was at work. I participated in the store rally this morning and I used an Irish accent. I'm so multi-talented. I had another new employee start today, but unfortunately he didn't get as good a training as yesterday's new employee. But he was a good guy because he just jumped right in and started selling. Just what we needed. After work, I went to see a middle school production of Wizard of Oz with some friends. I didn't really have a good reason to do it other than the fact that one friend has a crush on the director. While I enjoyed the production immensely - it was so cute you could just die - it's a little creepy that we were there to see it and didn't actually know anyone in it. I'm not gonna lie; I felt creepy. But I liked it. The play, not the creepiness of it. After that we went to dinner at TGIFs.

Dinner: Prime Rib Stroganoff (noodles, ribs, mushroom gravy and sour cream); half of one of Jill's sliders; some crispy green beans with the sauce that they serve with it; one beer; one mojito; and a couple of bites of Jill's sundae.

Poor Jill.

No comments: